Belremaitha Lifeguard center®
Pool life guard Course
Certification valid for two years.
Course Duration: 4 days including first aid training.
The purpose of the (Pool lifeguard) Specialty Course is to teach students the skills needed to help recognize prevent and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until Emergency Medical Services (EMS) personnel take over. This includes on-land and in-water rescue skills along with the essential CPR and First aid skills to ensure people employed as lifeguards at swimming pools can work individually and as team members and undertake their duties in a professional and customer focused manner, thus ensuring the safety of users.The (Pool Lifeguard) training program has been developed as a leading practice to fairly measure the knowledge and proficiency required for the safe and effective lifeguarding of pools. The following GOALS has been identified as potential benefits of this professional lifeguard certification:
- Fewer drowning accidents, injuries, and fatalities;
- Reduced risk of loss;
- Assurance of lifeguard's abilities and standard code of practice;
- Less property damage;
- Improved safety records;
- Enhanced public image of lifeguards (prevention through education).
Prerequisites and administration. (For All Candidates)
By the start of the course, a candidate must:
- Valid Copy for passport / ID (be at least 16 years of age).
- Be able to swim 100m non-stop in a comfortable manner.
- Surface dive to 3 meters water depth and recover a 4-kg weight.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to tread water for at least 5 minutes, with the last two minutes hands above the water surface.
- Meet Belremaitha Medical Requirements.
- Two new photos.
- Candidates must signature Code of Ethics and Disciplinary policy and Substance abuse policy and terms and conditions.
- Have valid Occupational Health Card (from local Health authority/ recommended)
- Valid International accredited BLS/ First Aid qualifications approved By DCAS, First aid certification must include the following training skills.
- Scene assessment
- Barrier use/Standard Precautions
- Primary assessment
- Adult, child and infant CPR, Artificial resuscitation (rescue breathing) including 2 person CPR and the use of resuscitation Mask
- Conscious and unconscious (FBAO: Foreign Body Airway
- Obstruction) choking adult, child, and infants
- Serious bleeding management
- Shock management
- Spinal cord injury management-inland (this skill shall be re-taught Again for in water rescue using spine board)
- Automated external defibrillator
- Emergency oxygen use (as per DCAS Classification)
- Injury assessment and response
- Illness assessment and response
- Basic Bandaging Techniques
- Immobilization in case of dislocations or fractures
- Valid pool lifeguard or any qualifying lifeguard certification for renewal.
Lifeguard certificate shall not have more than two year's validity. For recertification,
Candidates must complete all recertification requirements any time within two months prior their certification’s expiry date. This includes:
- Passing the Recertification Written/Oral and Practical Examination(s)
- Continuing to meet medical requirements by the local health authority
- Compliance with LSC Substance Abuse Policy
- Compliance with the Code of Ethics
Renewal lifeguard course (copy of valid certification are required to be attached to the field and proof of experience).
No matter how many hours the lifeguard candidates can prove his related experience during their period of certification, he/she needs to take both theory and Practical Exam in order to renew their certificate.
All candidates are allowed two attempts to pass their renewal theory and practical assessment exams before their certification expires. Candidates who are unsuccessful after two attempts must undertake the full course.
Regardless of the date of the renewal examination within that 2 month period, the new two-year certification period begins from the date not later than the expiry date of the candidate’s initial certification.
Renewal may take two to three days to go over the previously learned skills, written and practical exams. The instructor may combine skills as necessary, however, all skills in this outline shall be practiced once more for the renewal.
There is no grace period after the certification expiry date. Candidates whose certification has lapsed must take full course followed by theory and practical exams to be certified again.
Kindly contact us On +971505460283