Examination process and requirement, Stages of the examination process.
Certification valid for two years only.
Examination Duration: one day.
The lifeguard written examination
Is mandatory for all candidates. The examination shall only be administered after successful completion of BLS, First Aid, Life guarding Theory and Practical training sessions. The Exam shall consist of a core examination (general lifeguard duties, 30%) and a (specific Beach lifeguard, 70%). Exams may be in multiple choice formats or a combination of multiple choice format, fill in the blanks and small essay writing. The exam may be administered orally if the material and/or the exams are not available in the language the candidate can understand. Passing score is 80%.
The lifeguard Practical examination,
Final scenario/s shall be administered to assess the competence level of the Beach lifeguard candidate. The scenario/s must include missing person search, open water rescue, open water exit, beach to water communication, using of water craft and out of water first aid/BLS for adult, child and infants including the use of AED and Emergency Oxygen kit use.
Required Competence. (For Beach lifeguard)
By the start of the course, a candidate must:
- 16 years old
- 200m continuous swim in a comfortable manner
- Perform a surface dive and recover a 4 kg weight from a depth of five meters
- Tread water for at least 10 minutes.
- Meet Belremaitha Medical Requirements.
Prerequisites and administation. (For All Candidates)
1. Valid Copy for passport / ID (be at least 16 years of age).
2. Two new photos.
3. Candidate’s must signature Code of ethics and Disciplinary policy and Substance abuse policy and terms and conditions.
4. Have valid Occupational Health Card (from local Health authority/ if you can)
5. Valid International accredited BLS/ First Aid qualifications approved By DCAS.
6. Valid PADI pool lifeguard or any qualifying lifeguard certification for renewal.
Renewal lifeguard course (copy of the certification are required to be attach to the field and proof of experience).
No matter how many hours the lifeguard candidates can prove his related experience during their period of certification, he/she needs to take both theory and Practical Exam in order to renew their certificate.
All candidates are allowed two attempts to pass their renewal theory and practical assessment exams before their certification expires. Candidates who are unsuccessful after two attempts must undertake the full course.
Regardless of the date of the renewal examination within that 2 month period, the new two-year certification period begins from the date not later than the expiry date of the candidate’s initial certification.
Renewal may take two to three days to go over the previously learned skills, written and practical exams. Instructor may combine skills as necessary, however all skills in this outline shall be practiced once more for the renewal.
There is no grace period after the certification expiry date. Candidates whose certification has lapsed must take full course followed by theory and practical exams to be certified again.
After reviewing of your candidate file paperwork at Belremaitha Club, you will be awarded the rating of Beach lifeguard.
You will receive an email support of your lifeguard.
Original certification card and lifeguard wall certification can be picking it up from Belremaitha Club reception with in two working weeks.
You must bring your passport /ID with you when you pick up your result or certification
In order to authorize someone to collect your result or card on behalf, please provide them with following:
- letter of authorization to include authorized person full name your full name Candidate filed number Test or certification date and signature
- A copy of your original ID document. He /She must bring a photo ID and copy of the same for our records